Yes. We have a nominal charge for every record we file. That charge goes towards the time spent to file the well record, provide and keep track of the tag, and update our tracking system to ensure that the Ministry has an accurate record of the wells we have drilled at the end of the year.
If we have drilled several wells for you, we will make every effort to file a single cluster record, rather than one record for each well. That saves us time, and saves you money. But we need some details from you in order to file the cluster record – such as signed permission from the property owner to file the cluster record. If you can’t get signed permission, please let us know before the job and we’ll simply bring enough tags to the site to tag every well.
You can help reduce costs by filling out the information package that we provide when you book the job – this way, our drill crew will spend most of their time drilling, and only a short time reviewing the information that you have provided.
Exemptions and Well Construction
- I just need a temporary hole – shouldn’t I be exempt from the Reg?
- Are there ever situations when a well is exempt from Regulation 903?
- I don’t need a well pipe – can you backfill my hole with cuttings?
- My well is not exempt from the Reg – what are the implications?
- Can’t your crew backfill above the screened zone with cuttings – like my old driller did?
Tagging and Well Records
- Do you have to tag my well and file a Ministry Record?
- Does it cost extra to file the well record?
- What can I do so that my wells qualify for a single cluster record instead of multiple records?
- It’s extremely difficult to get the property owner’s signature for a cluster record. Can’t I just sign the form myself, as the owner’s consultant?
- Can I Remove the Well Tag that Kodiak Has Affixed to the Well?
- We give our clients cost estimates to install wells and do testing – but we never include costs for removal. Do we really have to remove the well when our project is done?
- I want my well removed and there are no ongoing operations at this property and no chance of contamination. Why does the Kodiak crew insist on backfilling my abandoned well with sealant?
- Does a Well Record Have to Be Filed When A Well Is Abandoned?