Q. If there is more than one municipal address used at the property, should we advise One-Call of all the addresses? This situation is often found at strip plazas and other multi-tenant buildings.
A. Yes, you must provide all addresses to One Call. It is our understanding that this confusion may have contributed to the Bloor Street 2003 Explosion.
Utility Locate FAQs
- No drilling was undertaken – Will we be invoiced anyway?
- Will you drill if locates are beyond 30 days old, even if nothing has changed?
- Do we need Ontario One Call for drilling inside?
- Can we just get a private locator instead of One Call?
- Do we need locates to decommission existing wells?
- What if most locates are done?
- What if the locator is coming later?
- What if other drillers will do it without complete locates?
- No locates, but the site owner knows where everything is
- What if we take responsibility for you hitting a line?
- We have as built drawings instead of locates
- We have witched it Is that okay?
- Do we need to contact hydro too?
- The building is abandoned; do we need locates?
- We are drilling at the base of an excavation
- There is more than one municipal address
- We are drilling on private property only; do we still need to get all the locates?