Guidelines for Well Drawing
As you are likely aware, when monitoring wells are installed by Kodiak, a well record is filed with the Ministry of Environment (MOE). Included with the record is a drawing showing the location of the installed wells. We have provided below, some guidelines to help you prepare drawings that are consistent with the MOE requirements.
- There must be two measurements for each well, including a measurement from the well to a known feature.
- Features for well measurements that the MOE considers acceptable include 1) edge of street, 2) property line, 3) rail line, 4) river bank, 5) Lot/concession. The measurement can not be to another well. Features for measurements should be permanent, with curved features being avoided.
- Orientation of the features used for measurements is important – they should each be perpendicular to each other (see our examples below).
Plan and Draw
- Include a north arrow.
- Include streets, property lines, well symbols, dimension lines, street names, well labels, property numbers.
- Dimensions should be in metres.
- Indicate which well has the tag.